Monday, January 4, 2010

January 1, 2010

My first day of officially being vegan! After being out late the night before I didn't wake up until after noon. I started my day with breakfast and then only had dinner.

For breakfast I made oatmeal with apple juice (instead of water) and added cinnamon and Craisins. I also had a blueberry raspberry oat bran muffin from Trader Joe's.

For dinner I made PCRM's Hoppin' John Salad and Kwick Kale.

You may wonder what kale exactly is - as did I. It is a green leafy vegetable that is sometimes used as a garnish on a plate - it is a waste to just use it as a garnish 'cause it is very nutritious and actually quite tasty when sprinkled with vinegar.

I also made a delicious fruit smoothie with apple juice, a banana, frozen berries and flax seed meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment